Friday, May 20, 2011

New Outlook Teen Center fundraiser...Adirondack Chairs!

I am one of 14 artists painting an adirondack chair to be part of a fundraiser.  This isn't just painiting a chair in a pretty color.  It's a canvas for the artist to create a work of art.  The chairs will be displayed in various downtown locations for the public to bid on.  The coolest part of this is that a bunch of teen girls built the chairs under the direction of "Girls at Work", a NH non-profit dedicated to empowering girls through woodworking and carpentry.  My daughter was one of those teens.
I have in mind an owl and mountain/foresty scene.  After my husband painted two coats of Kilz, I painted two coats of gesso.  I'm now ready to begin the real painting....always an exciting yet frightening stage!
Stay tuned for an update at the end of the weekend!


No comments: