Thursday, August 1, 2013

And the winner is....

congratulations to Andrea Richards!  Andrea is the winner of the July 30/30 free painting!  She will make her choice in the coming days.  In the meantime, you can read in the previous post which paintings are currently available for sale.  Price options are listed below, as well.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

From now on all of my new work will be posted ONLY here instead of on Facebook.  I recently learned that any images, videos, etc, that are posted on Facebook becomes quasi-owned by them.  In other words, although they don't capture full rights to the image, they do gain the right to use the image wherever and however they want.  Not cool.

My only way around that is to not post anything on Facebook.  One might ask what are the chances they would even choose any of my work for their own purposes?  Valid question.  Also, what would they even use my art for?  Another valid question.  I just don't think it's right so I'm choosing not to "display" my art on Facebook anymore.  As another measure against "theft" you'll start to see a watermark on the digital images of my art.

I thank all of you who followed along this month (and always) for your support and encouragement.  Without it, the work doesn't seem quite as important.

Onward and warmest thanks,
Sandy

No comments: