Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Three More Paintings Done...Including Two Small Gems.

In the past week I managed to get several more paintings done.  The two small pieces were done outside, as I promised myself I would do more of.  Yay for me!  Spent a day painting with a good friend last week.  We started out at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge in the morning.  Got some warm-ups done in my sketchbook but nothing that I wanted to consider for posting.  After a yummy lunch we moved on to Maudsley State Park in Newburyport where I created Foggy Hillside and Nearing the End.
American Pipit   11 x 7.5"    $395, framed
 American Pipit is after a photograph by Bill Gette, Director of the Joppa Flats Audubon Center.  He has graciously given me permission to work from his wonderful bird photos.  This is the first of many, I hope.
Foggy Hillside    7.5 x 5.5"    $150, framed
 Both Foggy Hillside and Nearing the End were done on the same exact spot looking towards the same patch of woods; Foggy Hillside to the left and Nearing the End to the right.  It wasn't actually foggy out but it's what I felt as I progressed through the piece.  I love them both, as they each have qualities I seek with the medium.
Nearing the End    7.5 x 5.5"    $150, framed

No comments: