Thursday, January 3, 2013

30 paintings in 30 days!

Shamefully, it's been over a year since my last post.  Goodness, how time flies.  It's all good stuff, though!

Know what else is good?  I've committed to a challenge put forth by artist Leslie Saeta to do 30 paintings in 30 days!  Her blog is posted at right.  This is where all 250 participants will post their work each day.  It's quite an amazing collection of works created by artists from around the globe.  Please visit it and view the works.  You just might find something that moves you.

I'm very excited to be a part of the challenge.  It's just what I need to jump start me into painting on a regular basis.  As you know, life has a way of getting in the way.  Although I've been maintaining a regular schedule of teaching with full classes (some with wait lists!), the painting part has lagged over the last year.

Mockingbird     watercolor    8x8"    $125.00
Posted here is painting #1 called Mockingbird.  I love this little gem!  The inspiration for this image comes from an incredible photograph my father-in-law sent me last week.  The little bird has been visiting my in-law's yard recently and Tom, my father-in-law, couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo shoot.  I'm very glad for that.  I tried capturing the roundness of its puffed out body while standing so regally.  The colors used are Sepia and Cerulean....keepin' it simple!

All 30 paintings will be the same size of 8 x 8" and will be $125.00ea.   Look for a new image every day.  And feel free to leave a comment!  I'm always interested in what people think about my work.

No comments: