Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Now, for Some DRAMA! Leo Has Arrived

Leo    8 x 8"    $125
Leo, a long-eared owl, is an ambassador at the Center for Wildlife in York, ME, a wildlife rehabilitation facility.  He arrived one day with serious injuries and, although he was cared for and nursed back to health, he wasn't a candidate for release back into the wild.  So he lives at the center and participates in educational programs.  He's quite a character.  I spent a number of visits sitting inside his aviary with him.  It always took a long time to find him but once I did he was a great model; he never moved!  Perched on a branch, he would stare at me the entire time.  Beautiful animal.

This painting was a bit of an experiment for me.  Not sure how I feel about it so your response is appreciated.

No comments: