Monday, January 14, 2013

Plum Island Marsh, Painting #12

Plum Island Marsh    8 x 8"    $125
This challenge has been somewhat of a cathartic experience.  For the past couple years I've worked more at learning and less at doing, not at all intentionally.  In the process I've taken many photographs and created lots of little watercolor studies as painting resources, always with the notion that I would get around to painting from them.  Then I get caught up in family life, the day job, teaching classes, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm now happily working my way through the many ideas that have been sitting inside my brain, waiting to come out.  And each painting offers a new opportunity to put down on paper something from all the learning I've had.  So, not only am I emptying my brain and clearing the decks for more ideas to arrive, I'm practicing what I've learned, something my own students are pressed to do.

No comments: