Thursday, January 10, 2013

4 More Paintings

Chocorua Hiding    4.5 x 6"    $90

Across the Lake    4.5 x 6"    $90

Mountain Sunset    4.5 x 6"    $90

The Cove    4.5 x 5"    $90
I'm catching up!  Only one painting behind now.  These four paintings all began on a cloudy weekend in the Whites this past October, late in the month.  It was gray, off and on rain with peeks of sun, slightly chilly, especially at the higher elevations, even a few snowflakes were floating around.  No photo references were used here.  Each was started on site but finished in my studio using memory and a little imagination.  I'll have a couple more paintings from that weekend coming up, as I got out and painted in my journal at a variety of locations along the Kancamagus Highway, producing little watercolor studies.  You can see one of those studies on my website's homepage.   www.birchtreestudioart.com.  Check it out!

A couple of these works have pen & ink in them, another medium I like to use.  More work to come tomorrow.  Enjoy!

No comments: