Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Painting #3

Squamscott Marsh    8 x 8"    $125
This challenge really IS a challenge!  I'm painting every day, which is awesome, but not producing something "finished" every day, which can be frustrating.  For example, today's painting, Squamscott Marsh,  was done four times before I achieved something close to what I wanted.  We are all our worst critics, right?  When I'm feeling unsure about a painting I turn to my husband who has a keen and dependable eye for helping me.  He chose this version of the four.  There are a few elements in this image that are not easy to work with: water, reflections and trees.  I'm very pleased with the results.

The scene is one I pass every day as I drive to and from the office I work in.  It's where the boat ramp on route 108 in Stratham, NH is and I never get tired of passing through it.  The changes throughout the seasons are amazing.  Off to the left (not in this image) is an Osprey nest.  It's a gorgeous location.

Stay tuned, more to come later tonight!

No comments: